Curator (Outdoor Living Collections)
Flora Conservation Department
The general remit of the post is to implement KFBG’s plant and forest conservation and restoration strategy throughout the KFBG estate. Plan, organise and supervise the work of gardening and planting teams in KFBG and organize and participate in field trips in Hong Kong to collect native plant species for greening KFBG and for the establishment and upkeep of plant conservation collections in KFBG. Organise and take part in monitoring and managing forest restoration and planting projects. Assist in the upkeep of the native fern and herbaceous plant nurseries. Keep records for the living plants in the living collections, gardens and nurseries. Promote the use of native plants for urban greening and tree planting.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBGC;
- With degree in Conservation, Plant Biology, Forestry or related fields;
- With knowledge in plant identification and hands-on experience in field work;
- Experience in carrying out projects, including planning, implementing and overseeing the work of staff and contractors;
- Experience in using databases for handling and processing plant information, including digital data, images and living and preserved collections;
- Experience in field survey and census for forest dynamic and restoration plots, etc.
- Experience in running a native herbaceous plant nursery is an advantage;
- Good command of spoken and written Chinese and English;
- Knowledge in using computer, such as Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Statistic and GIS software, etc.;
- Possession of a valid Type II driving license is an advantage;
- Open minded and recognizes the validity of all spiritual paths.
Please send C.V. (with interested position and expected salary) to the Human Resources Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.