Flora Conservation Department
Daily duties will include conducting forest restoration research, supervision of tree planting projects by contractors, general public, corporates and staff, field work in the region, work with and collaborate with our international Partner Botanic Gardens Conservation International (BGCI), plant identification, handling and processing botanical information, managing the internal specimen database, conducting plant conservation research and providing capacity building and public education.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBGC;
- Possess a Degree related to plant biodiversity and conservation;
- Possess field identification skills pertaining to the wild plants of Hong Kong and South China;
- Good command of spoken and written Chinese and English;
- Experience in using databases for handling and processing plant information, including digital data (including images), and living and preserved collections;
- Skills in DNA barcoding and/or population genetics preferable;
- Experience and knowledge of the Botanic Garden Management software and any GIS software preferable;
- Valid type II Hong Kong Driving License preferred.
- Open minded and recognize the validity of all spiritual paths.
Please send C.V. (with interested position and expected salary) and a short essay (on relevant experience and reasons for interest in the post) to the Human Resources Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.