Sustainable Living Officer
Sustainable Living and Agriculture Department
To be responsible for co-developing and deliver community projects and activities for public at the Green Hub in support of the KFBG mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop and conduct regular community education projects, workshops, talks and other events to promote environmental awareness in support of the KFBG mission.
- To work with the Green Hub team to design and provide experiential activities, courses and residential camps to facilitate visitors to transit towards low carbon living.
- To manage the official website and design social media marketing campaigns to promote public participation in the Green Hub’s initiatives, projects and activities.
- Engage community partners in development of new initiatives and educational resources for low carbon living.
- To deliver regular activities and open day events at the Green Hub with staff members, invited teachers and volunteers.
- To assist in general duties to maintain operation of the Green Hub, whenever required.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBG. Passion for nature and have deep understanding about the root causes of environmental problems.
- Degree in Education, Social Work, Sociology, Environmental Science or related discipline.
- At least three years of solid experience in coordinating community projects (applicants who have less working experience will be considered as Assistant Officer).
- Good communication and writing skills. Solid experience in social media marketing will be an advantage.
- Good command of Cantonese and English (knowledge of Putonghua will be an advantage)
- Proficiency in computer skills including Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Able to work independently and a good team player.
- Physically fit to work in outdoor environment.
- Open minded and recognize the validity of all spiritual paths.
- 5-day work per week. Essential to work on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays. Required to work residentially occasionally.
- Valid Type I or II driving license will be an advantage.
- Open minded and recognize the validity of all spiritual paths
Interested parties, please send your detailed C.V. (with expected salary) and a short essay (on relevant experience and reasons for interest in the post) to the Human Resources Manager, Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or email to firstname.lastname@example.org