Sustainable Living Officer (Coop Programme)
Sustainable Living and Agriculture Department
The Green Hub
Plans, coordinates and manage the Green Hub Co-op Shop, regular Co-op Market and other co-op opportunities to bridge mutual support between local consumers and sustainable producers in Hong Kong and the region. Will perform key administrative functions to support daily operation of the Green Hub Co-op Shop, regular Co-op Market and community-supported initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish an online shopping system to advance consumer education and the sale of sustainable products of the Green Hub Co-op Shop and the related cooperatives.
- Works closely with the Green Hub team to identify and formulate collaboration between Green Hub, local consumers and sustainable producers in Hong Kong and the region.
- Serves as a liaison between sustainable producers, consumer groups, the Green Hub team in managing co-op opportunities and conducting trial projects.
- Actively identifies, formulates and markets co-op opportunities to targeted groups and consumer populations.
- Work closely with co-op partners and enrich their capacity and sustainability in the co-op process.
- Supervise and work with the Co-op Shopkeeper to assure high quality of customer service be provided at the Green Hub Co-op Shop and manage timely delivery of sales, stock-taking and other accounting reports.
- Designs assessment instruments to monitors and records the performance of the Green Hub Co-operative programmes qualitative and quantitatively.
- Provide services and consumer education in collaboration with other KFBG departments under the leadership of the Green Hub Centre Head and Programme Manager.
- Has a strong alignment with KFBG’s vision and mission, and a strong passion on sustainable living.
- Broad knowledge of basic principles of sustainable living and viable models of alternate economy.
- At least five years of working experience on retailing, online retailing and/or co-op, consumer education preferably on sustainable products. Project management experience is preferred.
- Candidate with less experiences would be considered as Assistant Officer.
- A Bachelor’s Degree on related field, which may be substituted for experience.
- Strong administrative and computer skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency in English and Chinese.
- Able to work independently as well as member of a team.
- Physically fit for organising outdoor events and stock management.
- 5-day work per week. Essential to work on Saturdays, Sunday and Public Holidays.
- Open minded and recognize the validity of all spiritual paths.
Interested parties, please send your detailed C.V. (with expected salary) and a short essay (on relevant experience and reasons for interest in the post) to the Manager, Human Resources, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.