Technical Officer (Building Services)
- To recommend and obtain user department’s operational requirements and to produce design proposals for user departments’ approval;
- To draft tender documents for getting competitive quotes from contractors;
- To supervise contractors’ site works to ensure it is done according to contract specifications and working drawings;
- To maintain a proper record of technical drawing and O & M manuals;
- To renew and maintain certificates and licenses to comply with statutory requirements;
- To coordinate with client departments for handover the renovated premises, assess the equipment condition and prepare a defect list for capital projects;
- To supervise and monitor the performance of maintenance contractors on quality and service level;
- To cover the processes of design, budgeting, tendering, work planning and supervision, cost control, testing and commissioning of additions & alternations;
- To supervise a team of in-house technical staff and technicians on repairing and regular maintenance services to buildings and external areas of the Farm. To provide on-site supervision and engineering support.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBGC;
- Form 7 and holders of Higher Diploma in building services engineering preferred;
- Five years working experience in which two years working in building services engineering field is preferable;
- Candidates with lower qualifications and experiences will be considered as Assistant Technical Officer;
- Good knowledge in using AutoCAD and MS Office software;
- Experience in coordination between inhouse departments, consultants and contractors;
- Able to communicate in English and Cantonese;
- Holder of driving license class 1 & 2 preferred;
- Willing and fit for outdoor duties;
- Open minded and recognizes the validity of all spiritual paths.
Interested parties, please send your detailed C.V. (with present and expected salary) and a short essay (on relevant experience and reasons for interest in the post) to the Human Resources Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or email to firstname.lastname@example.org .