Assistant Sustainable Living Officer
Sustainable Living and Agriculture Department
Green Hub Project
Main Duties: Be a member of the Green Hub team to implement a wide range of public programme to promote community resilience for sustainable living.
- Deliver regular Sustainable Living programmes for individuals, schools and organized groups of various ages and backgrounds to promote sustainable lifestyle.
- Implement a wide range of low carbon food education workshop and activities at the Green Hub.
- Work with the Green Hub team to design and continue seeking improvement for various sustainable living programmes to facilitate people’s transition to sustainable living.
- Handle administrative duties for a wide range of public programmes, including booking management, programme evaluation, project-related book-keeping and others.
- Support the Green Hub team to implement thematic projects and outreach workshops.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBGC.
- Have a deep appreciation of sustainable living and good knowledge of sustainable food system.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Environmental science, Sociology or related discipline.
- Experience on programme coordination is preferred.
- Experience in guiding workshops and courses for schools and groups.
- Good command of English and Cantonese (knowledge of Mandarin will be an advantage).
- Computer literacy is essential. Knowledge of computer skills including Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop will be an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to interact with a wide range of people in a positive, inspirational way.
- Good organizing and communication skills.
- Mature, self-motivated, dynamic, a good team player and be able to work under pressure.
- Physically fit for outdoor activities.
- Open minded and recognize the validity of all spiritual paths.
- 5-day work per week. Working on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays is essential. Required to work residentially occasionally.
- Valid Type I or II driving license is an advantage.
Interested parties, please send your detailed C.V., with expected salary, and a short essay on 'How can we help people to live more sustainably?' to the Human Resources Department, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.