Let’s unveil the secrets of our wild animals!
The talk offers a unique experience for participants to be in touch with nature at school. They will become animal detectives, getting to know some of our wild animals through valuable animal footage captured at KFBG forest, listening to various animal calls; be inspired to build connection with animals from different perspectives.
- Get to know Hong Kong’s wild animals and amazing facts
- Encounter with live Giant Prickly Stick Insects to deepen connection with animals through close observation
- Observe animal specimen and replica; learn about their habits from the signs they leave behind
- Reflect on the inter-connected relationship between nature and us through different senses
Please click here for talk leaflet.
Monday to Friday (not available on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays)
45 - 60 min
Schools/ kindergarten/ self-organized by applicants
Kindergarten (Story sharing)
Primary Students (Talk)
Secondary Students (Talk)
50- 200 (including staff)
Cantonese / English
Outreach Talk- HKD 2000/ talk (50% off for registered schools & charity organizations)
Zoom online talk- HKD 500/ talk
Note: Changes and refund will not be considered unless it is cancelled due to inclement weather condition, social movement or COVID- 19 Pandemic.
Please submit an online application form to KFBG at least four weeks in advance. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Contact Ms Leung on 2483 7110 or email email@example.com.
- Nature Education Programmes: Become animal detectives and explore the mysteries of wild animals. Use different senses to discover the beauty of plants. Learn about the significance of forest, trees and even soils through field visits, experiments, and woodwork, to reconnect with nature.
- Educational Resources: ‘Teaching Packs’ include nature scavenger hunt, animal game cards, and a series of nature invitations. ‘Infographics’ illustrate both commonly seen and protected species in KFBG. Other resources include teachers’ packs and CDs are available on request for free.
- Group Guided Tours: Led by trained environmental interpreters, the content includes experiential and hands-on activities. We encourage a passion for nature, conservation and ecology by nurturing an appreciation of the natural world.
- Treasure Hunt booklet: This booklet allows you to go on a treasure hunt in the Upper or Lower Area of KFBG. Visit each location and carry out the tasks set out on the board. Uncover the mystery and beauty of nature. Welcome to download.