1. Nature / Objectives
The Secret World of Wild Animals programme is designed to connect students with wilderness and, through various activities, unveil the secrets of our native wild animals.
The one-day programme offers a unique experience: students will explore the forest silently, giving them the possibility to open their hearts, really listen and be alive to nature. They will become animal detectives, getting to know some of our native wild animals through observation, and they’ll even have the opportunity to be close to rescued animals, which will give them an even greater sense of connection with them.
2. Programme Content
- Know more about Hong Kong’s wild animals and learn about our conservation work
- Foster respect for animals through close observation and encounter
- Learn about animal habitats from the signs they leave behind
- Appreciate the inter-connected relationship between nature and ourselves
Please click here for the programme leaflet.
3. Target group / No. of Participants
Primary school and K3 students
22 people maximum per workshop (students and adults); there must be at least one adult for every 12 students.
4. Date / Time
Monday to Saturday (not available on Sundays and Public Holidays)
One-day: 09:30 - 15:00
Half-day: 09:30 - 12:00 or 14:00 - 16:30
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden
One Day: HK$100/Head (50% off for registered schools & charity organisations)
Half Day: HK$50/Head (50% off for registered schools & charity organisations)
Note: Changes and refund will not be considered unless it is cancelled due to inclement weather condition, social movement or COVID- 19 Pandemic.
Cantonese / English
Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Please click here for online registration. Please submit your application form to KFBG at least four weeks in advance.https://eduprogrammes.kfbg.org/tc/events/secret-world-of-wild-animals/register/
Please call Ms Eliz Leung, Education Department on 2483 7110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A talk on native animals may be arranged at your school or your organisation’s own premises. Please contact us for further information.
- Nature Education Programmes: Become animal detectives and explore the mysteries of wild animals. Use different senses to discover the beauty of plants. Learn about the significance of forest, trees and even soils through field visits, experiments, and woodwork, to reconnect with nature.
- Educational Resources: ‘Teaching Packs’ include nature scavenger hunt, animal game cards, and a series of nature invitations. ‘Infographics’ illustrate both commonly seen and protected species in KFBG. Other resources include teachers’ packs and CDs are available on request for free.
- Group Guided Tours: Led by trained environmental interpreters, the content includes experiential and hands-on activities. We encourage a passion for nature, conservation and ecology by nurturing an appreciation of the natural world.
- Treasure Hunt booklet: This booklet allows you to go on a treasure hunt in the Upper or Lower Area of KFBG. Visit each location and carry out the tasks set out on the board. Uncover the mystery and beauty of nature. Welcome to download.