The goal of the Nature Education Volunteer Training Programme is to equip people who want to make contributions to environmental education at KFBG.
We provide a series of experiential activities and natural walks, developed by Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) education specialists. In this training programme, participants will gain environmental knowledge, and interpretation and facilitation skills. In addition, they will have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of mindfulness and art activities to increase well-being from a holistic perspective.
- KFBG Education Programmes
- Fauna and Flora Conservation Programmes
- Environmental Interpretation and Facilitation Skills
- Environmental Art Activities
- Mindfulness Programmes and Practices
- On-going Training Sessions
People who are…
- Aged 18 to 63 (retired citizens, working people and students are welcome)
- Nature lovers
- Willing to commit as a volunteer for various education programmes
- Able to work in an outdoor environment
- Able to present and communicate clearly and in an engaging way
- Able to speak fluent Cantonese and basic English
- Able to attend all six-day training
- Received 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine in order to secure the health of other participants
Training Dates (Wednesdays 0900 – 1700)
10, 17, 24 November 2021
1, 8, 15 December 2021
Applicants must commit to complete at least 60 hours voluntary service in 2022 to KFBG educational activities to help our fellow citizens. Many people do much more, over many years.
It costs KFBG a lot to train volunteers. A deposit of HK$1,500 is required. The total amount will be refunded if the whole training course and committed volunteer service are completed on or before 31 December 2022.
Please submit an online application form at https://volunteerapplication.kfbg.org/en/form4 on or before 20 October 2021.
An invitation to attend interview will be emailed to selected applicants on or before 22 October 2021, otherwise the application can be considered as not selected for training. All personal data of non-selected candidates will be deleted after six months.
No. of Participants
- 2483 7107 Ms. Hung/ 2483 7284 Ms. Lau (Office hours: Mon - Fri, 0900 - 1700)
- Due to limited parking space, please take public transportation to KFBG.
- For the safety reason, programme will be subjected to adverse weather and the latest COVID-19 situation. Please provide correct contact information when submitting application in order to receive update.