The goal of the Nature Education Volunteer Training Programme is to equip people who want to make contributions to environmental education at KFBG.
We provide a series of experiential activities and natural walks, developed by Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) education specialists. In this training programme, participants will gain environmental knowledge, and interpretation and facilitation skills. In addition, they will have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of mindfulness and art activities to increase well-being from a holistic perspective.
- Introduction to:
- KFBG Education Programmes
- Fauna Conservation Programmes
- Flora Conservation Programmes
- Environmental Interpretation and Facilitation Skills
- Environmental Art Activities
- Mindfulness Programmes and Practices
- Talks and On-going Training Sessions
People who are…
- Aged 18 to 63 (retired citizens, working people and students are welcome)
- Nature lovers
- Willing to commit as a volunteer for education programmes
- Able to work in an outdoor environment
- Able to present and communicate clearly and in an engaging way
- Able to speak fluent Cantonese and basic English
- Able to attend all six-day trainings
Training Dates (Tuesdays 0900 – 1700)
10 September 2019
17 September 2019
24 September 2019
8 October 2019
15 October 2019
22 October 2019
Applicants must commit to complete at least 60 hours voluntary service between October 2019 and December 2020 to KFBG educational activities to help our fellow citizens. Many people do much more, over many years.
It costs KFBG a lot to train volunteers. A deposit of HK$1,000 is required. The total amount will be refunded if the whole training course and committed volunteer service are completed on or before 31 December 2020.
The enrollment period of Nature Education Volunteer Programme 2019 has ended. Please sign up for Friends of KFBG and obtain the latest news.
No. of Participants